You’re probably quite familiar with that Salesforce provides premium commerce experiences, and today we will discuss Salesforce Order Management System, which is designed for innovation. It would help if you had a clear idea about what order management is and the stages of the order cycle to understand how an order management system works.
What do you mean by Order Management System?
An order management system helps merchants to manage their inventory and fulfill orders. Customers are more willing to buy the products from the site, which offers the best experience. Convenience is the secret of winning the game. Through the product’s journey from purchase to delivery, merchants need a reliable and transparent way to keep customers happy.
Let’s take a look at the order lifecycle to know what is required to provide a jaw-dropping shopping experience.
Order Life Cycle:
- Phase I
An order is placed. The order detail is shared with the retailer. Payment Authorization is done.
- Phase II
Fulfillment Location is assigned to ship the ordered item.
- Phase III
Payment is captured. To start the delivery process, the ordered items are transferred to a shipping carrier partner.
- Phase IV
For any cancellation or return, or refund issue, service agents will attend to the customer.
Salesforce Order Management System
Salesforce Order Management system helps you streamline and automate processes across the order lifecycle by uniting all the order lifecycle phases in a centralized system. Salesforce OMS’s main features are: Unified view of entire order lifecycle, manage the whole process from one place, access a master repository and service orders during, pre, and post fulfillment.
At ETG, we’ve been using Salesforce to service our clients for the last two decades. After all, our experts have in-hand experience of the AppExchange ecosystem, Einstein AI, the Trailblazer Community, and Trailhead for Commerce and encompass B2C and B2B commerce.
After a successful pilot in 2019, Salesforce officially launches Order Management System(OMS). Today we would like to look out for new opportunities related to Salesforce OMS.
It’s Time For Salesforce Order Management System:
In the initial stage of your business, eCommerce seems to be relatively easy to handle, but gradually when your company gets bigger, goes international, or incorporates brick-and-mortar stores, eCommerce gets more complicated. Salesforce works steadily to manage your relationships with new and existing customers and evolve as #1 CRM. That’s where Salesforce Order Management System takes entry and promises to assist you in your journey. While delivering seamless, omnichannel commerce experiences to your customers, Salesforce Order Management System brings the tools to manage your order automatically. To provide a single view of order and service history, it integrated with Salesforce Commerce Cloud and become the central hub for handling the whole order lifecycle. Order management system promises to save your time as well as money.
A Comprehensive Answer To bucket-full of Order Life Cycle Problems
Various E-commerce challenges are daunting to tackle on your own. That’s where Salesforce Order Management System takes entry and promises to assist you in your journey. Let’s see HOW?
- Customer-Centric Order Management:
To manage order fulfillment, payment capture, invoice creation, and custom business logic from anywhere and through any channel, SOMS provides an automated and scalable omnichannel workflow.
- Connect commerce and service experience
Unlock seamless commerce, call center, and self-service scenarios with unified order servicing. Automate the return, cancellation, and other services and provide a centralized self-service platform to your customers.
- Flexible Platform
Manage complex processes with automation tools, and as OMS is powered by Salesforce cloud, it can help to stay upgraded, manage microservices and adjust extensibility easily.
- Partner ecosystem:
Share transparent order statuses and enjoys features to customize order management with partner apps found on AppExchange. And get a consolidated 360° view of your customer across all channels with the help of salesforce partners.
The ecosystem of Salesforce Order Management System
Let’s check the phase-wise features of SOMS that help to lift your business to the next level.
- From capture through fulfillment and post-fulfillment service use Salesforce Order Management to automate and manage the order lifecycle.
- To represent business and individual shoppers, Order Management uses the Account and Contact objects. The System helps to associates the order with the existing records it finds the shopper’s record, or else it creates records for that shopper.
- In specific scenarios, the System will delete Order Management records subject to data protection and privacy regulations to maintain data integrity.
- Get an overall view of all your customer order information throughout the order lifecycle.
- Get a consolidated view of order details – before, during, and after fulfillment- to manage and service orders seamlessly.
- Help you provide a superior shopping experience for your customers by streamlining the whole process of allocation, assignment, picking, packing, and shipment of order items.
- Across all your fulfillment channels, get a scalable inventory solution.
- Using Salesforce Omnichannel Inventory distribute orders across your fulfillment network based on custom business logic.
- Manage all of your payment transaction needs by automating payment capture, invoice generation, and refund processing
- Ensure timely processing of customer requests.
- Optimize service delivery and keep your order workflow running smoothly by retrieving and analyzing order fulfillment and payment information reports.
How Salesforce OMS helps Omnichannel concept
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is tough to predict accurately how much shopping habits and customer expectations have changed. The pandemic has proven that the omni-channel concept is something that retailers must deliver today. The next-gen order management system integrates seamlessly with an eCommerce solution to process orders flawlessly regardless of channel.
Start by bridging the online and in-store experience, Salesforce Order Management System can help. It will integrate all the Systems that impact pre and post-purchase experience. You can quickly get to the next phase of omni-channel using OMS as all powered by the world’s #1 CRM and can deliver fast and easy shipping, transparent order status, and hassle-free returns at a global scale. This gives you a unified view of the preferences, purchases, and order information of each customer. You can use that same information to provide the best customer experience by enabling BOPIS or endless aisle solutions.
To know more about Omnichannel Strategies, Challenges and Solutions, don’t hesitate to read our blog.
Curious what Salesforce order management system cloud do for your business? Reach ETG Today. We are well equipped to help you tackle your implementation of this new product and help to take your vision for a 360 view of your customer. With certified professionals in Salesforce B2B &B2C Commerce, Service Cloud, and other Salesforce products, we can transform your dream to a reality.
How ETG Can Help ?
ETG is a Salesforce development partner, providing – Demandware Implementations, Demandware Consultants, Headless SFRA consultants.
If you are looking for a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Implementation Partner, drop us a note email@example.com